Thursday, December 22, 2011

Wanna-Be DIYer

My New Year's resolution inspiration has come early this year.   I want to channel my inner-Martha and become a bona fide DIYer. Perhaps I've been watching too much HGTV, or possibly spending a few too many hours on Pinterest. It's likely that I've realized that being uber-crafty is totally in right now. Who knows?Maybe I'll discover my artistic alter ego has been dying to make it's debut and I can make some extra spending money selling my masterpieces on Etsy.

So far, my new birthday present (insert plug for the best husband in the world) has proven to be an addicting little hobby.  Nicki, the Nikon (clever, I know), has slept by my side each night.  Every morning, I slip my not-so-compact camera into my purse to bring to work and my husband wonders what could be so picturesque from inside my office cubicle. I'm sure I'll run out of close up, focus shots sooner or later. But for now, I'm having a lot of fun playing with it. Either way, I'm easing my way in...

First, the inanimate objects:
Nom nom nom.













Then on to my child and dog:


Pretty sure he hates me.
He was more interested in the shoebox.

 Then, I took my creativity up a notch and attempted an actual craft-related project.  I tried to make my son's 1st birthday hat.


I was wrong, now he really hates me.


Not too shabby, especially considering my non-creative self bought the wrong size glue stick for my glue gun, and had to carve away at it like a boy-scout carving a wooden stick. Pretty sure I broke the glue gun, but at least I (sort of) made something. Then I got to photograph it, so it was a win-win situation.

More projects (mostly photos) to be expected in the next year.

Until then,

XOXO
Mama D.

2 comments:

  1. More posts!!!! Ps love the Christmas house:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should have Craft Day! I have tonssssss of craft supplies and lots of ideas, and it'd be so much more fun with someone else!

    ReplyDelete