Tuesday, June 25, 2013

How many you got in there? A question only appropriate when in the context of any other situation outside of addressing a pregnant woman.

As many of you are aware, we're expecting little brother in September.  Let me first say that I really am one of those sickening people who actually enjoy pregnancy.  I have not been sick with either pregnancy, haven't had many of the unpleasant side effects (outside of hormonal outbursts, but let's face it, that's just a fun excuse) and have actually been told that pregnancy looks good on me.  One of my favorite parts of being pregnant is that I get to wear form fitting clothes that I would never dare wear without that little bun in the oven and people actually swoon.  

No unwanted swelling like this...


Or any other super unpleasant hormonal side effects like this hot mess...
Amanda Bynes crazy video

Second pregnancies are different in that you start showing much sooner, and you basically feel about 4 weeks ahead of where you are.  The one main side effect that I can say is the most unpleasant, is interactions with word-vomiting humans.  
"How many you got in there?"
Why would I lie about how many babies are in utero? Well apparently, people think that I am a Puppy Surprise, circa 1991 where I may or may not just shove out a whole litter.  Unfortunately, this shocking, yet ridiculous question has been asked more than once. I recently had a woman so baffled that I'm not having twins that she asked it more than once within a 45 second time span.

Needless to say, I felt awesome for the rest of the day.

Rest assured, I went home remembering that pregnancy is only temporary.  Feeble mindedness is permanent.






3 comments:

  1. Loved that last paragraph. Well played;) glad to see the blogging again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Chelsea, you are so funny... "feeble mindlessness is permanent" Haha! I also love your labels, hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're hilarious, and I love that you had the last word!

    ReplyDelete